As consumers are trying to become more environmentally friendly, they are choosing products made from biodegradable products. This choice includes latex mattresses. So, why latex? Latex is a natural material made from sap extracted from rubber trees. It is an elastic material and conforms to the shape of a body. Natural latex is hypo-allergenic. People who sleep on a latex mattress report that it feels soft and firm at the same time, offering the body total support. Many people have also gotten pain relief from back problems.
Benefits of latex mattresses
- Latex mattresses offer not just good sleep quality but also a number of other benefits.
- It offers a balance of comfort and spinal support.
- It is resistant to mold, mites and bacteria naturally, without a need to add chemicals.
- Superb air circulation is made possible by the natural structure of latex and the patterns created during the manufacturing process. Breathability makes sleeping on a latex mattress highly comfortable. This fact plays a huge role especially in warm, humid climates.
- Another benefit offered by latex mattresses is that movement is not carried over – it is limited to a space where a person is sleeping. This makes sleep restful for one’s partner as they can sleep undisturbed.
- Pressure distribution is even on a latex mattress and is the most recommended option by doctors and chiropractors.
- And most importantly, latex is a very durable material. Latex mattresses last for years, making them a worthwhile investment.
Choosing the right mattress
There are several types of latex mattresses available on the market. They are:
- Natural latex
- Synthetic and natural materials
Latex materials are made by Dunlop and Talalay processes. There are a few factors to know about each of these.
When one is considering their choice between a natural and a synthetic material mattress, the former is the better option. Synthetic mattresses offer their own advantages and benefits. The perfect combination is a synthetic and natural material mattress as they last longer and offer great support. Natural latex is hypo-allergenic. What one has to look for is a mattress made by a manufacturer who has tested their product rigorously and achieved international standards.
The beds comes with a quilted breathable cover which offers luxurious cloud-like comfort, Titanflex foam which is made up of open cell material includes thermal titanium beads, the titanium gel helps in alleviating heat before it is absorbed by the mattress and a Poly foam core which is a high quality, high density, supportive base foam which helps in comfort and longevity of the bed. It comes with different levels of firmness soft, medium, and firm. Medium comfort level is the popular one among all types.
How to be certain about finding the perfect mattress
Since there are so many types of products on the market, it may be a bit daunting to try and find the one that suits your needs. Since people spend close to a third or more of their lives sleeping, finding the perfect mattress should be a priority.