A drain is a pipe that transports surface water or sewage from the property. The point at which the drain attaches to the sewer at the edge of the property is known as the lateral drain. The sewer is the pipeline that transports surface water and sewage from several properties. There are many drain cleaning services which are available, but you must check their areas of expertise, and what are the tools and instruments that they carry with them, before you sign the contract for drain cleanings services. Draining systems ensure a healthy and clean environment. However, since the systems are out of sight people tend to ignore them quite often. Some household tips are there which can clean the drains, but things like baking soda also corrode the pipes and the quality of the taps and sinks. So for drain cleaning, only professional services with the right equipment should be used.
What Are Some of the Causes of Blocked Drains and How Can You Clean Them?
Blocked drains are caused due to the presence of the foreign objects such as baby wipes, hair, oil and grease, vegetable and fruit peels which finds their way through the various areas of the pipe such as:
These foreign objects build up ultimately and reduce the efficiency of the drain and finally lead to a blockage. Thus, a Qualified Drain Cleaning professional is required who can help in unclogging the drain in the most effective way.
Listed Below Are the Tips Which Help in Finding a Professional Plumber:
- Always hire a licensed plumber as they are certified and follow the standard rules and regulations for cleaning drains.
- Plumbers who have been in business should be able to give references. If they cannot, or will not, then consider looking somewhere else. Talking with past customers is one of the best ways to correctly estimate the quality of the plumber’s work.
- Find out if they offer money back guarantee in case the work is not up to the mark or if the problem has not been solved.
- Check the types of tools and equipment that they use. A Qualified Drain Cleaning professional should know how to use the latest technical devices and should always come prepared with all types of tools.
There are also some kitchen and household drain cleaning tips that are available, but baking soda and vinegar always do not work well for all those blocks which are caused due to drain roots and garbage. For cleaning these, you need chemicals and only a professional drain cleaning service has all the ingredients and the right equipments to clean foul-smelling drains.
How Do Clogs Happen?
The cause of drain blockage can occur due to hair strands getting clogged into the drain, due to tree roots, and also due to the mismanagement by the home owners, such as, when they throw paper napkins, toys and small jewelry inside the drains, accidentally or intentionally. To prevent the drain from getting clogged; one can follow these simple guidelines:
- Be cautious about what goes down the drain and what remains around the drain.
- Call the plumber for a periodic checkup as this prevents the drain from getting clogged.
- Pour hot water down the drain so that grease and oil gets melt.
So, it can be concluded by stating that one should get a professional plumber to deal with the clogged pipes and drains before they get worse. There are many drain cleaning services that are available in the online portals, and you must consult them after comparing their features and prices.