Finding the best among drip coffee makers is a tough job for the simple reason that there are many models. The best also depends on what you as a customer, need. Here are few tips on how to find the one to suit and needs and then a recommendation on the top 3 best drip brew coffee maker models. Of course, you can do your own research based on the information provided and pick one to suit your needs.
Criteria for picking a great drip coffee maker
- Capacity: Consider the amount of coffee you drink at home. If a lot of people drink coffee, then buy a maker with a carafe capacity of 12 or more cups. This will come in handy for entertaining as well.
- Features: Some coffee makers include a lot of features which lets the user set the time, temperature and type of coffee. Make sure to consider all of these features before buying.
- Pause feature: This is a good one to have for the times when you want to stop the brewing mid-cycle to get the first and strongest cup of coffee.
- Automatic shut-off: This is absolutely essential in a coffee maker as it prevents the possibility of electrical fires.
- Water filters: If you don’t have one at home, there are coffee makers with built in water filters. This helps to make a great cup of coffee. Of course, the effort and expense of maintaining a coffee maker may not appeal to you.
- Carafe: Many coffee makers offer customers glass carafes. Buying a thermos along with a coffee maker will offer you the option of enjoying a good cup for a longer period.
- Warranties: Make sure to check the length of the warranty period. High end manufacturers offer warranties of 3 or more years. Let this fact play a big role in the decision.
Top 3 Coffee Makers
- Cuisinart Grind and Brew Automatic Coffeemaker: This is easily the best drip brew coffee maker on the market. A built in bean grinder and programmable features will make the prospect of getting coffee in the morning exciting. The only thing is that this machine has to be cleaned after every use to get the best performance. The grinder feature saves you the time and trouble of buying two separate machines.
- Coffee 4-Cup Coffeemaker: This is an all-round, simple and easy to use as well as an affordable piece of equipment. It is reliable and does the basic job well. Equipped with a mid-brew pause button, it is adequate, considering the price. It may not do justice to expensive coffee, but a great all round coffee maker.
- Bonavita 8-Cup stainless steel coffeemaker: This is very popular with coffee drinkers. It has great functionality and simply designed, it brews a great cup. It doesn’t have an automatic shutoff button so the user has to pay attention while using. On the bright side, it is a great coffee maker which keeps the coffee hot and good for hours and very easy to use.