You have maybe have seen or heard about UPVC somewhere before when looking at doing some home improvement, but for those people out there who don’t know what it actually is and what it’s all about, UPVC stands for Un-Plasticised Poly Vinyl Chloride. Different to the likes of wood, UPVC frames do not suffer from rot and decay, and unlike steel, there’s no rusting.
And as for aluminium, while it’s true that it doesn’t rust, but it will corrode, and especially in the weather conditions we get some corners of Beautiful England. (Aluminium also works out to be not very cost friendly!)
So What Other Benefits are there?
- It is surprisingly light, strong, long-lasting, and can take a strong impact.
- It doesn’t go out of shape at natural temperatures and is immune to all types of weathering.
- It contains a unique compound that gives it a nice smooth, glossy finish and ensures that it will keep its great looks.
- It requires very little maintenance and will not biologically degrade.
- A viable alternative to other thermoplastics which are completely derived from oil.
- UPVC is manufactured from 57% salt and only 43% oil, allowing it some extra special technical properties and thus promotes exceptional value.
- Top quality UPVC windows in Essex never warps or need re-painting.
- During production UPVC uses less primary energy than all other commodity plastics, and can easily be re-melted, helping to make it a superbly sustainable and recyclable material.
- It includes a stabilizing agent that prohibits ultraviolet sun rays from making the frame fade or dull with time.
And When You Add in the Double Glazing Feature!
- A reduction in energy bills, because double glazed windows and doors will keep more money in your pocket in savings from annual energy bills.
- Helps in contributing to the environment by utilising less fuel, meaning you will then be more nature friendly.
- UPVC double glazed windows and doors will create a reduction in heat loss via the glass and mean fewer cold spots and draughts.
- Another great big thumbs up with UPVC windows and doors, is a definite reduction in any noise from outside, giving your home a nice calmer ambience.
- Energy efficient double glazing windows and doors will simply pay for themselves by lower heating and cooling costs over the space of a couple of years.
- And, when taken together with an increase in comfort and appearance, UPVC double glazed windows and doors are easily an investment that every homeowner should make.
So, should you be reading this, right now, you can easily see the great advantages in having UPVC double glazing fitted and this should be a certain must for anybody who’s considering a change around the home, or even getting a new home built.
Just ask anyone who has already had them installed and see what they have to say about the difference it has made to their homes! Expect a big two thumbs up!