The responsibility of carrying out an office fitout for a business isn’t one that any fitout company can afford to take lightly, and fortunately, most take the responsibility very seriously. However, it’s still important to select the very best fitout company to entrust the responsibility of your project to, so please take note of the following tips to choose a first-class service provider to carry out your project to the highest of standards.
The reputation of the company you choose to work with is extremely important, so consider the following points:
- Can they provide you with verifiable references?
- How long have they been in business for?
- Do they have a repeat customer base?
- Have they handled projects of the same size before?
- Can they arrange for you to see a completed project?
These points and many more must all be addressed in order to ensure that the fitout company you select to work with actually provides the best fitouts in Melbourne.
It’s also important to ensure the company you choose to work with has stable finances. Businesses that aren’t in good financial shape are best avoided as they may suffer financial difficulties and be unable to complete your fitout project. This could result in downtime as well as a loss of the capital that you have invested in the project.
- Do they have the finances to ensure they can complete the project?
- Can they guarantee to deliver the project on time and on budget?
- Is the total cost of your project a small percentage of their annual turnover?
- Can they guarantee you a fixed rate and assurances of no delays?
- Do they have a healthy finance sheet and evidence of this to show you?
If you find that some fitout companies aren’t willing to provide you with evidence that they can comfortably take on your project, give them a wide berth. There are many reputable fitout companies that can provide you with the evidence you need.
Make a point of focusing your attentions on businesses that are able to provide you with all the services that you have need of. If you need to obtain further services from other companies, this will only increase the budget that you have to allocate for the project.
- Full consultancy services are essential for office fitout projects
- They should be able to provide you with a full design services suite
- Do they have an in-house environmental compliance team?
- Do they offer relocation and related services? (If you have need of them)
- Do they employ experienced project management staff to oversee the project?
As you can see from the list above, there are quite a few things to take into account regarding the services that fitout agencies are able to provide, and we haven’t even looked at the physical fitout services they should be able to provide you with. It’s important to choose the right fitout company to work with, so bear these points in mind to choose a suitable fitout team.